I've managed some new things recently. Coming out of the total fog of new parenting (of two, no less), I'm making changes in my life, big and small. I like the way this feels, and I think that using this space might give me a chance to be more conscious about it.
I'd like to:
- Knit more, and finish more of what I start. Specifically, I'd like to finish my sister's birthday present, and think about to do with the really nice yarn in my stash.
- Make exercise a regular part of my life. Right now, I walk up the stairs to my office every day (12-15 flights, depending on whether I start from the garage level or the lobby, if I get a ride into work). And I take my kids to a "mommy and me" dance class for 30 minutes on Saturdays. We gallop right and left, jump, stretch a little. Nothing too notable, but I'm moving.
- Improve my diet. This is a little tough since I cook dinner maybe once every couple of months. No kidding, I have a great gig and I would not think to complain about the food, which is delicious. But what I could work on, usefully and possibly is both what I eat for lunch, and the snacks/desserts I eat. Right now I am contemplating a banana with full knowledge that there is ice cream in the freezer. It is very, very hard for me to choose fruit when there is ice cream in the house. It seems to compel me. But I know perfectly well that I control it, that I don't have to eat it, but here I am thinking about it and finding my stomach growling.
- Write more notes. Personal notes, emails, just communicate more/better/ more frequently.
No comments:
Post a Comment