Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Joy

I'm trying to identify what it is that makes me truly happy. I find myself thinking about it in the quiet, when the girls are falling asleep. Is it that the work of caring is over? Or is it a sense of accomplishment that I have happy kids who I observe growing and changing every day? hard to identify in precise terms, but I feel some sense that if I can locate the center of it, I can work to hold on to it. It isn't that I don't expect hardship and difficulty to visit again, but I find the focus of my life to be generally good.
Except my work. I am so frustrated with feeling disrespected and unappreciated. I guess the lesson is to appreciate when I have and will in the future have better support from management, but this is so infuriating. I dislike that I can't let it go, but it makes me so angry. I suppose I think I could do it better.

No comments: